FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How long does it take to receive the IDL?
It will mail to you within 24 hours, domestic free shipping will take 5-10 business days. $15 express shipping takes 2-5 business days. $35 overnight shipping takes 1-2 business days. International shipping normally takes 2-4 business days.
2. I have drivers permit from my country but not from US. Can I drive in US with the international Driver’s Permit until I get the US drivers permit?
As the matter of fact, you can only drive in US with International Driving Permit if you have valid Drivers Permit from your country. In your case the answer is yes, you can drive in US. You can not use IDL in the country where your original Driver’s Permit was issued. But you have to keep in mind that International Driving Permit is only intended to be used by people traveling in the country and staying in the country legally.
3. Is it possible to receive your service in Australia or Asia? Or in any other country?
You can apply for your IDL from any countries of the world. We are successfully working through mail with our international partners and customers.
4. Do I need to present my country's Drivers Permit with I.D.L.?
You must to present your original driver's permit along with International Driver's Permit.
5. I received Email from a company stating I could avoid points, tickets, suspension, etc. by using an IDL. Is this true?
A IDL do not replace or supersede National Driving Permit. Those claims are totally untrue!
6. Is any IDL ever valid alone?
IDL are never valid alone OR in the country of issuance of the native driver’s national driving permit.
7. How do I renew International Drivers Document and how much does it cost?
In order to renew your IDL you need to send us a copy of your expired IDL along with the renewal fee + shipping. Your IDL will be renewed in 24 hours.
8. I lost my International Drivers Permit, what do I do?
If you lost your IDL and would like to receive a duplicate please follow this procedure: contact with our customer service, tell us IDL # and name, Pay the reprint fee + shipping. Your IDL will be reprint within 24 hours and mail to you.
9. I moved, so I want to change my address, what do I do?
In order to change any information on your IDL you need to send us a copy of your existing IDL along with the reprint fee + shipping, and new address you want to change.
10. I am not in my home country now, what address should I put on the application form?
You should put same address that appears on your National Driving Permit.
11. I lost my National Driving Permit, may I apply for International Driving Permit and drive with it?
International Driving Permit is a document that confirms that you have a valid national driving permit. If you lost your original national driving permit IDP has nothing to confirm so you should not apply for IDP. The answer is NO, you may not apply and drive with IDP without your national driving permit.
12. My original National Driving Permit will expire in 8 months; can I still use International Driving Permit?
Yes, you can use IDP if your original national driving permit is valid. If Your original national driving permit expired, your will not able to use your IDP as well.